February 1, 2010

Fitness is not about going to the gym..it is about enjoying LIFE

I decided to go x-country skiing today w/ my 7 yr old and 2 yr. old daughters today.  I have to put Sam (my 2 yr. old) in a chariot, which is basically a sled you tie around your waist and pull.  As I started off, I was thinking to myself how much heavier she has gotten in the past month, as I tried to get up the hill.  Many beginning 6 year olds were passing me!  As I kept pushing along, we finally made it to the top of the hill and what goes up must come down..and we started going really fast...I turned around to see how my daughter was reacting to our speed..She was in utter glee!  Just as if she was on the fastest ride in Disney Land, she put her hands in the air and yelled out the happiest 'Yippee'!  What joy filled my heart.. I can't give her Disney Land, but I gave her what was in her mind, the equivalent... A mother who is confident and fit enough to tie her 2 yr old to her waist, sweat her way to the top of the hill and cruise on down.  I am thankful for fitness in my life..not the kind where I run on the tredmil, but the kind where I get out, enjoy nature and take my kids for a ride!


Danette Allen Fitness
www.bodyheartmindsoul.com
"Live Your Best Life!"

Health & Fitness Retreats, Exercise Workouts, Nutrition, Motivational Tools, Events & More

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home