June 5, 2011

Good to Great

As I sit here and think about my dreams and what I want to contribute to humanity, I am reminded of the importance of excellence.  I don't want to just be good at what I do, I want to be GREAT!

In the book Pursuit of Excellence, he asks you 3 questions:
1.  What are your genuine interests?
2. What are your skill sets?
3.  What are the opportunities that you face right now?

Once you ask yourself these questions and answer them in an honest candid way do 4 more steps.
1. Have a tendency towards action.  You want to implement something, do it!  Don't spend 2 years drawing it up, start where you are at.
2.  Consistently incorporate feedback about your progress
3.  Don't move on to quickly when hit w/ failure.  Bask in it for a minute.  Ask those close to you, what 3 things could I have done differently.
4.  Be long term greedy, not short term greedy.  Don't look at A or B and ask, "which one will I make more money at?"  Ask, "what one will I get more opportunity, which one will make me the happiest and get me closest to my main goal."

Excellence isn't achieved overnight. Like strengthening a muscle, or learning a new skill, it requires consistently putting practice into action until it becomes a part of you. How do you practice bringing your best to everyday situations?


Danette Allen Fitness www.danetteallenfitness.com Body Heart Mind Soul Health & Fitness Retreats, Exercise Workouts, Nutrition, Visualization & More

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home