June 27, 2011

One Fear Conquered




I have been focusing a lot on what my fears are and some of the things I do to self sabotage myself!  I have decided to do something that is so big for me.  I am entering into the WBFF World Championships in Toronto, Canada, in August!
Let me explain why I would choose this as something to face and not sky diving or something like that.  A couple of my fears are:  judgment from those that are close to me and being in the spot light to show all my insecurities and imperfections.

Being in a fitness competition hits on all my insecurities and will help me develop the skills and mindset, I believe will help me in my quest for my personal best.  For me being in a fitness competition is not about being on stage, strutting my assets in a string bikini.  It isn't about limiting myself from healthy foods and starving myself.  It isn't about becoming a diva.  This isn't about dehydration 2 days before the event and then pigging out after I compete w/ ice cream, burgers and shakes.

Doing the WBFF shows is one of the biggest shows out there.  The best of the best come!  I know this and I know that I will have to put in the work to show my face amongst these inspiring athletes.  To me this is like investing in an education.  An education of discipline, poise, conquering your fears, "stick to itness", and putting your intention out there and letting it go, no matter the outcome.

I will be honoring and respecting my body by eating healthy foods that build muscle...veggies, fruits, lean protein and proper grains..not high fructose corn syrup bars and protein shakes or starvation.  I will be eating healthy while some around me may wonder why I am eating this way and why won't I have just a little sliver of cake. I will be learning how to walk and hold myself in control when everything inside me will want to run off the stage. I will be wearing a bikini that will highlight my hard work and the beautiful bodies that our Heavenly Father gave us.  Wearing a bikini on stage, while walking in a way I've never walked, seems like one of the scariest things for me.  Once again that fear of judgment, fear of showing all my imperfections, or perhaps the fear of being great and letting my light shine for others? I will be using my power of intention to keep my mind in a positive state of mind and then letting it go and not holding on to a certain outcome.  All of this is the perfect formula for standing head to head w/ my fears.  I have put in for a few local shows to opt out at the last minute due to excuses.  Once again self sabotaging and using excuses as my way out.  How many of us in our lives have a huge dream, but we find a way to get around it or make an excuse of why it didn't come to fruition?  Any of these sound familiar?
I was so busy this summer.
My kids were sick.
 I hurt my knee
 I ran out of time
 My in laws came to visit and I just had to entertain w/ cookies, white bread and of course I had to eat it. :)

I am ready to hit this head on and push the excuses out of my way.  I am ready to stand tall and make a committment and keep it, even if everything inside me says "No."  I am ready to be a light for others.  I am ready to go the extra mile and prove to myself first that Yes, I can do hard things.   I am ready to be an inspiration to others by letting my light shine and conquering my goals and by doing so, I then empower everyone around me to let their light shine!

I love the mission statement of the WBFF, it sums up how I feel.
"The desired public image of our company is to give athletes a venue in which they can compete, and be treated with the utmost professionalism. The key strategic influence is to promote health and fitness in a rapidly growing industry. Our target market is a health and fitness conscious individual who wants to embark on or develop a professional career within the health and fitness industry. Ultimately the WBFF seeks to raise a standard in bodybuilding, fitness, and modeling, and give athletes an unlimited opportunity. Our expectations are to promote our company, our athletes, and our sponsors to the best of our ability while becoming internationally known as a reputable and conscientious corporation."

I pray for your support, but even if I don't have it, I will succeed.  I pray for everyone today to do something that scares them.  I pray that we can use our minds to create a better tomorrow.  I pray we all can love ourselves as our Heavenly Father does.


Danette Allen Fitness www.danetteallenfitness.com Body Heart Mind Soul Health & Fitness Retreats, Exercise Workouts, Nutrition, Visualization & More

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home