August 29, 2011

A personal insight on my experience competing at WBFF Worlds Fitness Championships

This message below is something that I wrote right before I went back stage to compete.  This is obviously a personal insight and before I say more, I would like to say that there is definitly something for everyone.  I admire the athletes that compete over and over.  It takes tremendous dedication and drive to continue competing.  This is just my insights and the way I felt in my personal journey.



"I am here waiting for the show to begin...wow, this is kind of a crazy journey and I am not really sure why I felt I should take this journey!  A little bit about my perceptions last night.  I arrived, girls seem nice, guys and girls walking around w/ make up and really dark skin!  I go in to get my spray tan...naked bodies everywhere, standing talking as fumes are flying everywhere.  I get soo sooo dark, I wonder how they really judge skin appearance after all this spray tan?  It covers every flaw you may have had.  Then I head up to the athletes meeting..over 600 athletes competeing from all over the world.  The crazy thing is, we spend lots of money on spray tans, make up, uniforms, etc, entrance fee, flights, etc to spend approx. 5 min. on stage!!!!
 
 
 We wait in line, no joke, for 2 1/2 hours to get registered.  Luckily since I hadn't prepayed, I ended up getting moved to the front of the line...wowee, lucky because people were standing there until midnight.  I crawled into bed at 11, to get up at 6 a.m for more spray tan..(really I have to get even darker...I didn't think it was possible)...the sheets are all stained.  As I lay in bed, I miss my loved ones.  I think about those who don't get enough credit from me.  Who bear with my craziness, as I hear the news playing on tv about Hurricane IRene.  My mind drifts to what really matters...there is a possible major desastor hitting on the east coast right when I am supposed to get on stage!  I am thankful my family is ok, but what about all those that are not?  Why am I spending all this superficial time getting all done up for 5 min. walking on stage to those who probably don't even really care about you.  As I fall asleep, I am still not sure why I felt such a pull to go to this show.  I am still baffled at all the athletes who come time and time again to do this...I guess it confuses me as much as the man who spends countless hours and money working on sports cars or fixing up old cars.  Deep down it is as if we are searching for somehting missing from our past...did we always want to be the pageant girl?  Did we not get that cool sports car as a teenager that we always dreamed of?  Chasing the past...not sure if that is productive or not.  I will tell you what I believe is productive...supporting those who are being hit w/ desaster.  Trying to wipe the tears of the scared, cuddling my children and making sure they know how much I love them.  Taking time to enjoy this beautiful earth and all that God has given us. 
 
Luckily I have some time before I step on stage to write my thoughts.  It feels good to clear out the confusing clutter and get very real w/ my emotions.  What am I searching for ?  I know what it is, but not sure why the pull to be here in this persuit. 
Let me tell you again what I am searching for...more for me, than you, I am sure as I make sense over and over in my mind.  I want to inspire hundreds of thousands of the truth I know..and that is, "that movement combined w/ opening up your soul is one of the most powerful things we have.  That each person in life is a child of God and that he has a divine purpose.  That purpose varies from one person to the next, but without your health and adequate movement and energy, you will not fulfill that purpose to the fullest.  I want to help each person have the energy and health that I feel so prevelant in my life.  I know what foods give energy without taking tons of time or money.  I know how to work your body to give you energy and help you look and feel your best.  When you feel good about yourself, you can't help but let your light shine.  Others will feel your incredible energy!  I don't care about spray tans, loads of make up and spending thousands on a swimsuit and evening gown.  I care about the process.  The eating clean daily and feeling my body be more energetic, recovering faster after marathons, the tightness and the way my body looks as I slip off my clothes.  I love how my children watch me struggle walking in high heels and then seeing as it becomes easier and easier with practice.  ONce again, it is not about the high heels, it is about being consistant at something and showing them that I will not give up!  I am hoping to meet w/ key influencers who will have the right connections to get my message out.  Who see a deeper side to all of this and who will help me inspire thousands to mindful results!" 
 
As I get ready to put on make up and then head over the show, I will make sure I walk out w/ pride.  I will think of my goals and who I am deep inside.  I will be that light that attracts the bugs, but also attracts lost souls searching in the night.  I will be more of the light that calls out to those who need help, hope, and inspiration.  I will be confident!   When all is said and done, I hope that I will get on the plane home and understand what really drew me hear.  Perhaps I won't know for a while, but I will be patient and continue to follow my own inspiration even if I don't understand it in the moment. "
 
 

 




Danette Allen Fitness www.danetteallenfitness.com Body Heart Mind Soul Health & Fitness Retreats, Exercise Workouts, Nutrition, Visualization & More

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 29, 2011 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Jennie's Travels said...

You have had a lot of lifetime accomplishments that most people only dream of. Thank you for following your dreams and being an example of possiblities to those who may still be in the beginning stages of working on ourselves. You are a vibrant, amazing woman. Thanks for letting me get to know you for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home