February 15, 2012

Day 2 of the juicing cleanse

I am on day 2 of my juicing project.  I must say it was really fun to go buy a basket full of variety of veggies and fruits.  I felt 1 step healthier and in control just by putting them in my cart.  I could just hear the cashier, saying, "wow this girl is so healthy!"  Ok, that is my ego talking, but the real benefits will come when I am alone w/ me and a cookie and I have to choose my juice instead.  That is "real" power!  You making the choice for YOU!

2 days ago when I started, I weighed approx. 121.5 Ibs.  My neck was aching every day (the back part), my face was puffy, especially under my eyes.  I had severe acne on my chin area..approx. 5 boils running from my chin down my neck.  My energy was low.  My depression and dealing w/ the reality that my supposidly "best" friend was no longer my friend and all his family that I had poured years of my attention and love into, where no longer my friends, was taking its toll.  I felt lethargic and really unmotivated for much.  There were days I would get a burst of energy, but mostly on auto pilot.

On Day 2, approx. 48 hours on the cleanse, I am weighing 117.5 Ibs.  On a side note, this was not my goal to loose weight and since my body is working out and dropping at this pace, I decided to add whole grain oatmeal (1 c./day) and 2 handful of almonds (which I did 24 hours into the cleanse)  My goal is to clear up my skin, and to feel a sense of motivation again.  I also want to mitigate any toxin buildup during this stressful time, so taking all these veggies and fruit will up the antibodies!  Today, I have noticed a difference in the puffiness under my eyes.  I woke up more energetic.  I see less inflamation and redness in my face, but I still have those lingering boils that were there when I started.  I will let you know on what day those dissapear.

I am feeling excited about this process and will be showing you before and after photos.  If I can go through this stressful process w/ all these unattractive side effects, and see major results from juicing, then I know you can too!  I willl keep you all updated!



Danette Allen Fitness www.danetteallenfitness.com Body Heart Mind Soul Health & Fitness Retreats, Exercise Workouts, Nutrition, Visualization & More

1 Comments:

At September 26, 2012 at 4:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your divorce... i hope you are doing better now. i can't remember how i found your blog, i'm thinking from studio 5? just now catching up on all the blogs i follow on google reader!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home